Sunday, September 2, 2012

Come along way...

Hi everyone!! Sorry it has been so long since I have posted. I am deep into my residency and just survived a hard month of Trauma rotatation. I was still able to compete in the Appalachian Revisted, the finale of the ABRA Road Series. Though I felt like my training during the month of August had slipped, I felt pretty good during the race. After a last minute wheel change on the starting line due to mechanical issues, I was off. There were not very many women in the Cat 4 race, so I tried to stay with the pack of Men Cat 5 up the first climb. I loved the course and the tour through 3 WV counties. My main motivation the entire race was to finish 1st or 2nd so that I could claim the series championship. I was able to finish 2nd and get the cool series championship jersey!!!
As I look back on the road season, I know that I made great strides as a racer. I never thought that I could become series champion or ride with the team they way I have. I am so lucky to have such supportive team members and sponsors. Thank you all! Big shot out to Pathfinder of WV for always being so helpful and accommodating. Onto cross season~!

2 comments: