Friday, December 21, 2012

Get to know the team! Post # 6 of 13 - Jerry Audet


Name: Gerald "Jerry" Audet

Age: 27

Hometown: Morgantown, WV

Place of Birth:  Saratoga Springs, NY

Interesting fact that most people don't know about you: I love to surf fish!  At times it's both extremely difficult and very rewarding.  My Wife and I have spent 100's of hours fishing the beaches of the east coast in the last 3 years.  Don't ask me to chose between fishing and cycling...because I never could!

If you had a snail that could magically grant wishes, what would you name it? Mix Master

What nocturnal animal would you be if you had to choose and why? Definitely a Barred Owl.  I've always been drawn to birds; in fact, for the first 3 years of my education I was training to be an ornithologist (a bird scientist).  Owl's have amazing abilities, and the Barred Owl is no different.  Plus, I've always enjoyed hearing their calls.  In fact, I hear them often here in WV on evening runs at the WV Botannical Gardens.

2013 Cycling goals:  This year I'm going to have a crack at criteriums and mountain biking.  I've never done a mountain bike race, and my first crit was last year at the Tour of the Valley.  I'll also try doing some cyclocross specific training for 2013, my first time doing that as well.  I'll be chasing a couple Appalachian bike racing association series jerseys in 2013!  I'll also continue competing in a couple of triathlons, as I really enjoy running as well as cycling.

Favorite Movie: Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Favorite Musical Artist/Band:  An impossible question to answer.  But, for the sake of brevity, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, and The Black Keys are a few.

How often are you late for work?  Never!  But I'm late for pretty much everything else.

Would you rather have super strength or super intelligence?  Intelligence.

If you were given the opportunity to spend 48 hours with absolutely anyone (living or dead), who would you spend it with and what would you do?  My Uncle Chris.  He died in a scuba diving accident when I was three, and I've been told my entire life I'm exactly like him in many ways.  I'd love to meet him.

Do you still watch cartoons?  Who doesn't!

At a movie theater which arm rest is yours? Both.


No comments:

Post a Comment