Friday, October 31, 2014

October


When I first started thinking about what to write for my October blog, I was honestly stumped. It had been a pretty “boring” month, I thought. Yeah I got my license, yeah I raced my first cross race, but for some reason October was not bringing with it the extreme excitement that most other months have. This changed when I changed my thinking. I was only thinking about the extremely “exciting” things that I am accustomed to, like big races, hard training, and of course getting my drivers license. But there are other extremely awesome things to be experienced that many people, including myself, take for granted.  So yeah, October wasn’t a gigantic month of intense racing and big podiums, but it was a great month full tons of great experiences that I almost overlooked. Here is a brief list of all the things that have made October exciting.


Trials:
With all the training and racing and focused riding I did during the summer, I completely neglected my trials bike. I think I may have picked it up once to ride around in the driveway, but that was it. During October however, I picked it up and gave it the love and use that it deserves. I rode it so much that it actually got dirty for the first time in its life. This was wonderful because a dirty bike is the perfect excuse to clean a bike. I got it looking super shiny and riding smooth using my ProGold bike wash and chain lube. And after you clean your bike, what do you do? Take pictures of it, of course. Trials is one of the most fun forms of cycling and thanks to my “boring” October, I was able to get back into it.






Longboarding:
This one is pretty simple, longboarding is great. It’s the best stress reliever I have, actually. This may be surprising to hear from a cyclist, but cycling can be pretty stressful with all the racing. Its just nice to change it up, go cruising around with friends with no goals, just chillin’. Like my trials bike, my longboard was completely neglected this summer. But fall weather just creams “Go Longboarding!” So I did.




Weather:
Fact: Fall is the best season. Colorful trees, crunchy leaves on the ground, cool air, hoodies, and more. Just go sit outside, breath, and look around you, its amazing. If you say you don’t love Fall, you are just simply wrong. Another fact: The word “Perfect” was originally created with the sole purpose of describing Fall. That is all I have to say about that.

This wasn't taken by me but its a great fall pic.
Long Weekends:
Most people reading this probably haven’t been in high school for a while, but one of the most welcomed and celebrated events in a high-schooler's life is the long weekend. October has been a great month in this department. With one or two three-day weekends at the beginning and a four-day weekend rounding off the month. A long weekend means more free time to rest, ride, hangout, and procrastinate homework; it also means a shorter school week when you get back. Unfortunately, people with jobs are often deprived of this wonderful thing that is a long weekend, which sucks. Fortunately, I’m not one of those people!


October 13th, 1st long weekend
October 27th, 2nd long weekend

End of October/November 3rd and 4th, 3rd long weekend


A few more pictures from October:

Finally got my license

Happy Halloween

No comments:

Post a Comment