Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Fathers Day Fun


Fathers Day Fun

 

On father’s day of June 2015 I got to celebrate by doing the same thing that I have done for the past few years.  I got to participate in a time trial with my daughter.  She rides on a tag along attached to my bike and we have a blast.  Sadly this year will be the last to do the time trials with my Addie girl because she is growing like a weed and it’s time for her to start doing them on her own.  However, I thank God for giving me this opportunity and the memories of doing this event with her will remain with me forever. 

Each day I get up I try to remember to thank God for blessing me with a healthy daughter.  And the fact that she enjoys riding bikes with me is icing on the cake.  I know that in the near future she will be choosing to go hang out with her friends or go shopping instead of wanting to ride bikes with her old man.  However, until then I am going to soak this time up as much as I can.  I never thought that anything could compare to the feeling you get from racing bikes.  However, when I see my daughter get up the courage to ride down steps, or hit a jump, or conquer a rock garden, it’s at that moment when I realize for me that Life Is Good.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment