Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My WV List: #4 Coopers

Phew.  My life has been a whirlwind the past weeks.  We're now finally moved into our new home in Wayland, MA.



And it's making me realize even more sharply what I miss about WV.



I stopped into the local bike shop here the other day, and asked what the options are for mountain biking around here.

And I visited one of the options.  It was OK.

Skiing at coopers can be very good,
I ski both the trails and the road
But it was no coopers (Coopers Rock State Forest).

And, the thing is, cooper isn't just for mountain biking.  I used to love to run there.  It was my favorite place to run in Morgantown.

And I skied there a lot as well.

Nothing like seeing snow on the rhododendron.

It's not that cycling here is bad.  Quite the opposite, I'm having a lot of fun.

However, it's always a bit disappointing when you're flowing along a trail, and then BOOM, you pop out in a residential neighborhood.

I much more enjoyed popping out of a flowing trail at an overlook of the Cheat River, or a field of wild flowers.

Now, I will have to drive an hour to get that.  Not 15 minutes.

And that sucks.









No comments:

Post a Comment