Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My WV List: #2 What I'm NOT going to miss

MY LIST MY RULES.

Sorry, I might make you mad*

 (*see last statement).

OK, prepare yourself, the top 10.

1) I'm not going to miss these $^@@*$(




2) Worst meal I've ever had by far, in my life (yeah I'm lucky I guess): "pizza" from colasessano's pizza.  It wasn't pizza.  It was fried dough with 3" of cheese and ketchup.  I've never not finished my meal...or left food on the table.  Trust me.  Horrific.  Go to Morgantown Brewing (GET A BEER PRETZEL!), or Chicos (probably my favorite place to eat in Morgantown).  If you want pizza, go to Mountain State, Pizza Al's, even Yesterdays has good pizza.

3) I will NOT miss the drivers.  THE WORST.  YOU CAN'T TAKE THAT LANE I HAVE A GREEN LIGHT.  Even worse if you're on a a bike.  I fully developed and honed my road rage while in WV.  err...so I moved to Massachusetts?  [hand to face]

4) SO MANY BRAKE PADS.  I never, ever replaced a set of brake pads on my bike before I moved to WV.  I went through 3 sets while I was here.  On 2 bikes.

Less than a season.  Ugh.

6)  It's too hot.  I'm way, way too much of a Yankee to be able to deal with the heat.  One August, our power bill was $175 because of the central A/C.  Yeah, I'm a big ole' baby.  Loving this 30 degree weather up here in Mass already.  Had my window fan on all night, it was amazing.

7) The politics.  As this blog is not a political one, I will leave it at that.
Wait.  I don't like politics anywhere...whatever I'm leaving it.


8) Football weekends.  Now that I've moved, I hoped I won't end up on some sort of hit list for saying this.  But come on.  It's pretty miserable for those of us who don't like standing in parking lots, getting plastered, or not being able to drive anywhere.

I'm especially bitter about this because I paid $363 a year to park in a vastly over filled parking lot, and one day, I came out on a Friday evening at 4:47, and I had a tow truck pulled up behind my car.  THEY WERE GOING TO TOW ME IF I WASN'T GONE BY 5 SO THE FOOTBALL FANS COULD PARK.

I can't think about it anymore.

Forget about going to the hospital.  No room.  All football fans.

Really?

Classic


9)  IT'S CALLED SODA.  IT'S A SHOPPING CART, A BUGGY IS SOMETHING YOU PULL BEHIND A HORSE.






10)  This.










[I hope you find this list as comical as I did.  And for the record, as I writing it, some of the stuff actually made me miss WV even more.  Except the mother $#&@^$@ god $#%^ stupid @#$ house centipedes.  And the unbelievable window sticker]

1 comment: