Thursday, August 1, 2013

My WV List: #6 P4P


Pedal for pints (P4P).

The premise is basic.




 Someone sets up a course (at White Park).  Everyone brings a beer.  We ride it as fast as we can on our mountain bikes.  The order of your finish determines your pick of the available brews.

It defines "social ride".

Sometimes there's a lot of riders.  Sometimes there's not.  Sometimes we ride REALLY fast.  Sometimes no one really wants to.


Tonight was my last P4P.

And I finally figured out how to win: cheat. (ok ok I didn't MEAN to cut the course).

The first time I raced pedal for pints I rode my cyclocross bike, because I didn't have a mountain bike.

It's what ignited my need to get back on fat tires, and what spurred me to earn my Cat 1 licence this year.



While I don't get to do it a lot, every time I do, I finish with a big smile.

But the best part isn't the riding, it's the hour after that makes the ride special.

Hanging out, drinking cold brews, talking about...everything...it's what makes this cycling community awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment