Thursday, July 25, 2013

My WV List: #13 Smitty's Kountry Kreme



Ever been to Dairy Queen?  Of course you have.  Well, unless you're some kind of 'Murica hatin' heathan.

Ok, so I'd really only been to Dairy Queen three times in my life before I came to WV.

Well, Smitty's is like Dairy Queen.  Except the portions are much larger.  And the prices are much cheaper.  And the people are way nicer.  And it's a small local buisness.

It's like comparing a house cat to a tiger...

...with wings, and a naked lady on it's back.

Ask for a large soft-serve (you New Englanders reading this, that's a creme).  I dare you.

Nah, get a hill-billy mess.  Think, a blizzard-mcflurry-blast type concoction.

A Hilly Billy Mess

But...not.

Because Smitty's has flavors like Peanut Butter and Jelly (my hands down favorite- literally 1) vanilla ice cream 2) peanut butter 3) grape jelly).  Or, triple berry cheesecake.  Coconut creme pie.

And of course classics like nerds, or gummy bears.  Yikes.

Well, OK those aren't classics.  The classics are Oreo, Heath Bar, Snickers, etc.  They've got to have at least 30 flavors.  Carly's favorite is cookie dough.

And they're cheap.  Like, "bring the whole family" cheap.  Like "Yeah, sure add sprinkles, why not?" cheap.

A small (which is like a Dairy Queen medium) is less than $1.50.


 So there you have it.  A local favorite.

And I've even been here long enough I can say "remember when it was over in star city in that little shed?"

OK, I'm out.  I gotta go get me some Kountry Kreme

No comments:

Post a Comment