Monday, October 26, 2015

So,What Have You Been Up To Since We Last Spoke? (Part Deux)

Well guys and gals, it's my favorite time of year again!!! (well, except for Oktoberfest month) It's FALL of course. That is when we can relax a bit since road season is over, enjoy a nice long ride through the Western Pennsyl-ginia countryside with our friends and soak in the scenery...

Ah, this is what i'm talking about!! Early in September, Mr. Jim and I ventured down to his old stomping grounds in Charlottesville, VA to do some relaxing, riding, and of course spectate at UCI Worlds. This is the first time in 33 years that the UCI races have been in the United States, so Jim and I planned this trip back in March when we were in Crozet, VA getting in some long distance, early season rides. The city of Richmond played host to the races and they did a fantastic job. The crowds were large each day for the races and the city looked great and the atmosphere was electric, especially on Sunday for the UCI Men's Elite race.  While we were in town one day, we ran into the Swiftwick rep, so we stopped and chatted with him for a bit and, of course, picked up some swag!!! #dowhatmovesyou

I think the most exciting part of the weekend for me was just spending some quality time with Jim and our friends in Virginia. The riding in that part of the world is amazing, and if you ever get the chance to take a ride there, DO IT!!

Well, back to reality and Pittsburgh where the leaves are changing and CX season is just starting for me. The first race of the year was Kickoff CX in Point Marion where the team had a great showing and snagged a few podiums!!!
(in amongst the raindrops that is) I think JR. appealed to the higher powers for rain on that weekend so I would actually get dirty, but I guess we'll never know.........Hmmmm

A lot of folks take their CX racing very seriously, but I just enjoy being out there on my bike, riding, and enjoying the company of my friends!!! For me personally, a bad day on the bike is better that a good day at the office. So, the second CX race was The Mason-Dixon CX race in Mount Morris where I had my very first DNS (Did Not Start) ever, since I had a nasty fall in warm ups. I'm still feeling the aches and pains today, but will be back out there for The Franklin CX race on October 30th.











Well kids, that's it for now, but I'll leave you with one of my favorite moments from the past few months......



No comments:

Post a Comment