Saturday, June 1, 2013

Springtime extracurriculars

Outside of cycling, I've been working on a few new things this spring. My yard was begging for a garden so it seemed like a nice additional hobby. I grew up gardening with my family but this will be my first attempt at having my own garden. It will be a nice learning experience that I can eventually share with my children too. Since this is an old farm I have high hopes. The view makes for a really nice work atmosphere. 


I've also got a few chickens that will hopefully be making some delicious eggs in the next couple months. Eggs and breakfast foods are one of the few things I can actually cook correctly so I'm looking forward to their production. And eggs are a critical ingredient in one of my favorite ride foods: rice cakes. They've grown up so amazingly fast!




No comments:

Post a Comment