Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Whole Foods....

So if you've read any of my previous posts, you probably have come to realize that I absolutely LOVE to eat. And not necessarily foods that are good for me, either. And when I find a food I like, I eat it in vast quantities.  These eating habits have caused me to teeter right around the 230 pound mark for the last 3 years. Some times I am strong and dip down to 215ish but eventually I shoot back up to 230ish.  And anybody that has ever done an ABRA race knows that being on the heavy side is not helpful. JR likes to find the longest, steepest, and nastiest, climbs in the area to make you hurt when you're racing.  And given that most of my training rides this winter seemed to revolve around tacos, Sloppy Joes, or wings, I came into the racing season at my heaviest point in 4 years.

Something had to change, so when I saw a status on Facebook regarding a support group for a whole foods nutrition plan, I threw my name in the proverbial hat. I was shocked to learn that whole foods did not refer to whole pizzas, whole lasagnas, or whole bags of chips. All jokes aside, when I looked over the list of Green, Yellow, and Red light foods, I was encouraged.  I knew I was going to have to struggle with some of my food choices... no more AM soda to get me going; no more ice cream; no more pizza; and no more Krispy Kremes. But on the bright side, lean steak, fruits and vegetables, and whole wheat bread are still on the menu.
For a matter of puclic record, I started this diet weighing 228 pounds on March 11, 2013. My goal is to get down to and stay around 210 pounds or less. So... if your see me with something in my hand other than something healthy, I give you full permission to punch me in the arm as a reminder to stay on target. Well, everyone except Amber that is. She's likely to put a doughnut in my hand while I'm sleeping, just so she can hit me. :-)

By the way, if you're interested in joining me, let me know in the comment sections and I will hook you up with the details.



2 comments:

  1. Yep, cuz that's something I'd do... Don't give me any reason to do it and you won't have anything to worry about... Now if you deserve it, that's a different story...

    ReplyDelete