Monday, March 25, 2013

My Intro to the Team

When one door closes another is sure to open...



I must say this new journey began last August when I spoke to JR Petsko regarding my interest in riding for a cycling team in 2013. Nothing was said at the time but apparently JR's wheels were spinning. At the end of 2012 I got an email inquiring about my Team Status. I didn't realize what I was getting myself into! I was sent a list of rider requirements. I thought it sounded great so I told the Team I was all in. Then I was sent about 40 contracts to sign. I actually got carpal tunnel finger signing all those sheets. As luck would have it I had Title Team sponsor Dynamic Physical Therapy for very personalized attention. I knew at that point it was a perfect team fit. 

All I really needed was to join a fun group of riders that loved racing their bikes. Again-I really didn't know what I was getting myself into! Look at that crazy rider with his mouth open trying to get some carbs and protein on this long training camp ride. Wait-that's me! Maybe the team didn't know what they were getting into!


Before March I had not met the teams 2013 riders. What better way to do it than have a 3 day Team  weekend! I would call the meeting more like a reunion than a meet and greet. Personalities were flying and I felt like we had always known each other. Well I guess a few of the guys/girls had already been training together but that's beside the point. 

Then came the support. I could not have imagined such a glorious spread from Team sponsors!



Since just before our first weekend together as a team we have been in constant contact. Riders are always messaging about races, race strategies, training etc. I don't think a team rider could ask for anything more. I'm super excited about getting this season underway. It an honor to be able to represent such great sponsorship and ride with such a great group of people.         


CHEERS

2 comments:

  1. You'll be a perfect addition to the team! Lets get this season started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to racing with you this year Devin.

    ReplyDelete