Thursday, April 7, 2011

Oh well - better things to come...



Over the first 20 miles, the pack let a lone rider go and he quickly got out of sight. Over the first climb, the pace was very manageable, and the field stayed together, anticipating the next four climbs and the cold weather. I stayed at the front of the field keeping an eye on a few riders I thought would have a good day. Over the second climb, my legs still felt good and I rode at the front again, keeping an eye on the action. At the beginning of the third climb, however, there was an increase in the pace, and my legs just could not respond. I then watched the race go away from me - bad news considering I expected a very good result on the day. Over the next 2 climbs, I stayed with a small group chasing to no avail. On the last small rise I attacked the group I was with and got a small gap over the finish. Oh well - better things to come...

By Ben Kuhlman

No comments:

Post a Comment