Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Poetry

Something that a lot of people don't know about me is that I write a lot of poems. I'm also a huge fan of spoken word poetry and use it to inspire a lot of my own poetry. Poetry all together has helped me understand a lot of my own thoughts as well as relate to/understand others.

Luckily I have a great group of friends who share my passion for poetry. Every once and a while we get together and have 'Poetry Circle', where we share our own personal poems or some of our favorites by other authors. My favorite part about these is getting to share my most recent poems with people who are genuinely interested in hearing them. This past Sunday we had one and the idea popped into my head to share this practice of sorts with people who don't know too much about this part of my life. Here are some photos from the event!

The musical people play some instruments while we wait for everyone to arrive 

Alberto does a poem which he wrote a guitar part for!

Of course I wear my Swiftwick Socks, why wouldn't I?


No comments:

Post a Comment