Monday, June 30, 2014

The “Not So Ordinary” Life of a Bike Racer

"So you want to be a bike racer little Johnny................."

So, the month of June for me was pretty tame in regards to racing.  In the beginning of the month, the team raced the McKeesport Grand Prix and placed (3) riders in the top 10!!!  After that, a few brave DPT souls did the Hilly Billy Roubaix and all kicked some serious ass…… 
Hunting For KOM's

For me, I have been doing more training racing, long rides, and soul searching more than anything.  Being the super domestique for Devin as we went out this past weekend and he crushed some Strava KOM’s near his house in McKeesport.  (Just so the other bike racers in that hood have something to occupy their time in July by trying to beat him and take the KOM). 
It’s nice to stop and smell the roses every once and awhile and enjoy the things in life that are really important, aka family and friends.  I had been on the go so much at the beginning of the month with work, training, and racing, that the break I have been enjoying and the one I will have coming up in July will be just enough to let me re-charge my batteries and head into the finishing stretch of the season revitalized.  I’m actually going to take my first vacation in over 2 years this September to go and visit a friend that I have known since we were kids, even if it’s only to Florida…..Damn time fly’s………
As always, a huge THANK YOU to the awesome team sponsors for 2014:
Dynamic Physical Therapy
Pathfinder of WV
Morgantown Brewing Company
Sketches by Anne
Apothecary Ale House & Cafe
Performance Coaching Services
Kenda Tires
Cannondale Bicycles
ProGold Lubricants
Red Rose Imports
Nalini Custom

2 comments:

  1. Nice read. But only 62 days until your next blog is due

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice read and glad to hear you will be getting a vacation in this year.

    ReplyDelete