Friday, October 25, 2013

Take a Kid MTBing Day

A few weeks ago Addie girl and myself participated in "Take A Kid Mountain Biking Day" at Vultures Knob in Wooster, OH.  Nothing beats hitting the trails with your daughter. 
 We had a blast camping out under the stars and spending two days riding together on the trails.  Throughout the entire weekend our Cannondale bicycles performed flawlessly.  It was also great to see that ProGold was a sponsor of the event since that is the lubricant of choice that we use to keep everything running smooth. 

Addie did great in her first MTB race and came in 4th overall.  Needless to say I was a very proud daddy.  I hope as she continues to grow she also continues to appreciate God's beautiful creations and always has an appreciation for the outdoors and "hitting the trails."


After Addie's race we had time to do some riding together and she even did a lap on the MTB CX course that I would race on later in the day. 
It is always nice to hear family and friends cheering for you during a race.  Especially when your legs are dead and you just want to finish.  During my race Addie found a unique spot to cheer on her daddy and it was very nice to hear her screaming at me to "ride faster" on each lap.
I definitely will always cherish these memories of spending time riding with my daughter and hope to continue to make more for many years to come.  Thanks Addie girl and I love you with all my heart.

I have to give a big shout out to Pathfinder of WV.  Don't forget that this coming Sunday, October 27th is the Cannondale demo day from 11am to 7pm.  Come out and test ride some new bikes so you know which one you want to ask Santa to bring you. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment