Saturday, May 21, 2016

Bye Bye School and Hello Cycling!

It took me a second to figure out what photos I wanted to go along with my post, but then the idea popped in my head to use a picture of my “racing wall” in my apartment. TADA! I was surprised to see how many ABRA races (17 pictured here and a few random 5Ks) I have done in the last year and a half.  What surprised me even more were the improvements that I have made despite not being able to ride my bike much this school year!


I started pharmacy school in the past year, and was I surprised to learn how much time I would have to dedicate to school and work instead of exercise. It turned out to be a major adjustment period. I spent an hour here and there a few times during the week on a stationary bike and ran on the treadmill. Some days it was difficult because of how fatigued I was from my near nonstop days during the school year. Not ideal circumstances, but I would go hard during those sessions to make the most of them. If I wasn’t able to get out on a bike for a few hours at a time, mind as well make the hour sessions worthwhile! Apparently I was doing something right with this method of training.


Now that the school year is done, I have been able to do a bit more with cycling. A 6th place finish in the Women’s 3/4 race at Steel City Showdown was a great way to start off the summer. Let’s see if I can keep this going later in the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment