Friday, March 21, 2014

The season has started…………but without me.


The 2014 cycling season has officially started with the Dynamic Physical Therapy Cycling Team powered by Pathfinder training camp weekend and two ABRA races now in the books.  Just like last year, the 2014 team training camp weekend was a blast.  We got to visit some of our sponsors and we got in a lot of riding with very nice weather.  Plus, this year the team welcomed aboard 4 new teammates so getting to know them along with catching up with last year’s returning teammates was quite enjoyable.  My highlights of this year’s training camp weekend would have to include the following:

·         The coffee porter and Chris Jones’ french fries I enjoyed at Morgantown BrewingCompany.  (Thanks Chris!)

·         The crème brulee stout I enjoyed at Apothecary Ale House& Café.

·         Having my beautiful wife accompany me this year.

·         Getting my bike tuned up and ready for the racing season at Pathfinder of WV.

·         Watching my teammate Derek Clark climb like a mountain goat.

·         Having my new teammates Cara and Chas remind me what it’s like to be a college student again.

·         And of course all the nice swag from our great sponsors we received!


(The 2014 team at Dynamic Physical Therapy)

Unfortunately my racing season is getting a late start due to an unexpected death in the family.  However, there is always something good that can be taken from a bad, or unfortunate, circumstance.  The loss of a young 24 year old cousin in our family left us saddened, however, it also has reminded us how short life can be.  With that being said, our family has decided to make our 2014 motto be “Family First” with the focus on making sure each day that we thank God for another day that we get to spend with each other here on this earth.  And although my personal cycling season is getting started late, for the team it got started with a big “W” right out of the gate!  A big congrats to teammate Chas on getting the first win for the Dynamic Physical Therapy Cycling Team powered by Pathfinder at the ABRA training race.  Nothing like getting the season started off on the right foot.

 

I cannot say enough how happy I am to be returning for my third season as a member of the Dynamic Physical Therapy Cycling Team powered by Pathfinder.  This season is definitely going to be exciting with all the new young talent and with the introduction of additional females to the team.  I am really looking forward to helping my teammates achieve success and promoting all of our wonderful sponsors this year.

 
 
 
Thanks for reading and God bless.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment